Wildcat Automated ConversionFree yourself from under-performing software.
WILDCAT AUTOMATED CONVERSION
Old and under-performing systems litter many organisations, typically dragging along intangible corporate risk as well as significant costs in ongoing licenses and labour-intensive workarounds.
Our “Wildcat” automated conversion technology is a new approach to replacing this old and under-performing software.
Wildcat Conversion automates the process of converting your existing software and data to smart new low-code open-source technology that runs on most devices and browsers, hosted on-premise or in the cloud.
Consolidate multiple applications into a single modular system and take advantage of great new capabilities, like maps, devices, content, activity tracking and much more.
Functional Proof of Concept– guaranteed!
It can be difficult to envisage what converted legacy systems might look like and how the conversion process will work.
So we offer a very practical, risk free first step.
Instead of committing time and money developing a detailed specification, we encourage clients to invest in a low-cost functional proof of concept conversion and migration.
This will allow you and your teams to actually try your new system, using your data.
We will also provide:
- a report detailing risks and issues associated with where you are, and identifying opportunities of where you could be,
- a functional proof of concept with your data to assess and free-play before committing,
- a fixed price plan and quotation to complete the conversion.
a tailored report detailing risks and issues associated with where you are, and identifying opportunities of where you could be:, and
a fixed price plan and quotation to complete the conversion.
Our proof of concept comes with a money back satisfaction guarantee for customers who pay in advance – if the proof of concept does not deliver the required outcomes then we will provide a full refund.
Escape from the limitations of your existing technology.
Include maps, mobile device access, automatic notification, bulk communication, reports, dashboards and full activity auditing.
With no lock-in and no required ongoing fees, all data is stored in standard open-formats, easily exportable whenever you need.
Wildcat automated conversion provides a rapid escape from extortionate licence fees, old and under-performing software.
In just a few days, we’ll provide you with a detailed analysis of your system, a functioning proof of concept with your data for assessment, and a fixed price quotation for completed migration (or, for large and complex systems, we’ll provide a fixed price quotation for detailed scoping and planning phase).
Try before you buy
We provide a functioning proof of concept with your data for your assessment.
Try, discuss, decide. It’s your choice.
BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY
See how we can match and improve your user experience…
The ability to closely match your existing system can help smooth transition – making side-by-side validation of your new system possible, and avoiding the need for retraining your staff.
But don’t stop there – take the opportunity to introduce new capabilities, enhance old ones, innovate and re-invent your business!
Legacy System Conversion - Wildcat FAQ
Wildcat is a service to convert and migrate old, legacy or failing applications from a wide range of different technologies to high quality web-based applications. Wildcat combines breakthrough automatic conversion technology and expert analysis.
Here’s our FAQ, or download a printable version.
What system problems or limitations does a Wildcat conversion solve?
- Scale and user size limitations
- Data duplication, inconsistencies and limited ability for validation
- Unsupported/proprietary technology
- Prohibitive legacy system costs and proprietary licences
- Technical feature limitations (smart-phone / device access, maps, bulk communication)
- Usability problems, non-standard user interfaces and equal opportunity compliance
- Security limitations
- Accessibility limitations
- Performance problems and scalability limitations
- Change management risk identification
- Lack of documentation
- Inability to source expert knowledge, developer and support resources
Which Systems are Convertible?
- MS Access (mdb and accdb), VB6, Oracle Forms
- Excel workbooks, Paradox & CSV files
- NET, C#.NET, ASP.NET
- ASP, JSP, PHP
- Peoplesoft, SAP, Siebel, Prophecy, Sugar…
And any system with these as a backend:
- SQL Server
- and many others (just ask us if your system isn’t on the list)
What size systems can be converted with Wildcat?
Can you convert systems if there is no access to the code base or there is no or inadequate documentation?
Can you convert systems if the existing system uses proprietary technology?
Following conversion, what operating system will our application run on?
Wildcat converts and migrates application concepts and application data to the Skyve Enterprise Platform – an open-source Java EE application platform.
The Skyve platform can run on any server operating system which has a Java Virtual Machine, including Windows, Linux, Mac OS etc.
What do I need to know about Skyve?
Skyve uses the Java programming language and is freely downloadable from GitHub.
No licence fees are required to use Skyve, however we offer a range of support arrangements and training options if required.
We also offer a range of additional modules and products, like CRM and Timesheet modules which are not included in the open source version.
Can the converted system be hosted internally or in the cloud (i.e. AWS or Azure)?
Skyve applications have been successfully deployed in a range of environments including Government DMZ networks as secure and robust external facing applications, 3rd party hosting providers and internal networks.
What devices can the converted system be used on?
How secure are the resulting applications?
What are the ongoing fees?
How will this help us avoid being locked-in or captive to any vendor or system?
Who else has used converted applications?
- Australian Federal and State Government Organisations
- Regulatory Bodies
- Private Corporations and Small Businesses
- and more…
Which operating systems can converted applications run on?
What enhanced functionality is possible with converted applications?
- Forms and data management
- Powerful advanced filtering, searching and reporting
- Easy export of data to PDF and Excel to create your own reports
- Administration module including user role-based security, backup and restore, system dashboard and data import and export tools
- Maps and spatial concepts, including spatial queries
- Charts, dashboards
- File and content uploads, including PDF, MS Office documents, images and many others
- Bulk communication capabilities
- Automatic rendering for tablets, devices and smart-phones, including iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows etc
- Jobs and offline processing
- Full activity auditing and tracking (optional)
How does the fixed-price program work?
Step 2 – Wildcat Conversion Assessment Report & Demonstrable Prototype
- We build a working prototype for your assessment and free-play
- We provide a detailed analysis report of your existing system, including identifying risks and opportunities
- We provide either a fixed price plan for straight forward conversions, or for large and complex systems, a fixed price scoping study (RFP Ready)
Step 3 – Fixed Price Conversion OR Fixed Priced Scoping Study (RFP Ready)
Step 4 – Switch over and go live
If you pay in advance, we’ll back it all with a full money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied that we’ve provided you real value!
How do you reduce our risk?
When is a Wildcat Conversion Process NOT recommended?
- You do not own the existing data, or
- You have licence arrangements with your current provider that exclude access to your data directly.
How do we start?
tell us about your situation, and book a time for a chat. We’ll take it from there.